Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My little brother

Dear World,
I’m so excited for my new baby brother, Duncan Thomas. He showed up today; here I am holding him.


He’s so cool, he weighs 8 lbs 3 oz and is 20.5 inches long. That’s just a little smaller than I was.

I can’t wait to teach him so many new things. I’m going to learn how to feed him and burp him, then I'll teach him how to sit up, crawl and walk. When he gets older, I'll share my favorite things with him: How to play Star Wars and use a light saber, swim and play soccer. I’m pretty sure we’re gonna be best friends for our whole lives.

Also, a little more about my little brother's name. Thomas Holdaway is my Great Grandpa's name (my mom's mom's dad). He's such a wonderful Great Grandpa. He loves his family, has worked hard his whole life, and touches the lives of so many family and friends. I hope my little brother can always look up to him like I already do. Love you Grandpa Tom!

Love,

Brock

18 comments:

Sassy said...

Hooray! Way to go Beck! Get feeling better soon. Congrats! He is handsome!!

Jordan said...

Congratulation Burnsides! Brock will be a great big brother. Good luck with everything.

The Byers Family said...

On the way home from the hospital Brock mentioned that when Duncan is 1, he's going to teach Duncan how to Karate chop! I can hardly wait to see that!

Wall-e-Family said...

What handsome boys you have!! Congradulations, can't wait to hold him.

Kiersti said...

Brock is going to be the best big brother ever!!! He's such a sweet kid!

jennybrum said...

Congratulations! What cute boys you have. We are so happy for you!

Melissa said...

That is so sweet! Brock is going to love having him around. Congrats!

Susan Byers said...

Congrats on the new baby!

Kristen said...

Congratulations you guys, I am so happy for you and especially happy for Brock! I know you went through a lot to get him here, he is just beautiful!!

EngineeringNerd said...

He looks Great! Congrats!

The Bingham's said...

He is just handsome. Brock will be an awesome big brother. Congrats!! We are so happy for you guys.

Wendy said...

congratulations Brock!! You are going to be the best brother!!! Tell Mom and Dad congrats also and good job!!!!!

Amy Blue said...

He is so handsome! Congrats from The Blue Family!

Michelle said...

Oh, I'm so happy for you guys! I'm sure they are going to be best friends forever. That is such a great picture too. I love how Brock is looking at him. Congrats!

SidderBug Photography said...

Congrats! I need to make it up there, we have a gift for little Duncan. :) He's absolutely adorable!

♥ Sydney

Adams Clan said...

HE looks Beautiful!!! Brock, you are going to be a great big brother!

Denise said...

What a beautiful boy. So glad he is here and healthy. Can't wait to meet him. Ethan's first words after coming home from Cali. were "I want to go to Brock's house" Maybe you need to send him down to play. Recover quickly and enjoy that darling boy.

Jeanna said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you.