Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Winter ZOO Fun

Brock and I went to the zoo on Monday to get out of the house. We bundled up so we would not get cold and we spent a lot of time in the reptile house and made lots of indoor stops along the way to get warmed up. We had a really fun time seeing the animals in the snow. I would recommend it as a fun activity as long as it's not too cold out.
The leopard was right up at the glass gnawing on some kind of bone. From what I could tell it was a knee cap of some sort. It was really cool because we could see his teeth and tongue really good.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Its so funny that you guys went to the zoo! Cambrie has been asking to go and I was going to call you!

The Byers Family said...

The zoo is lots of fun anytime of year, especially when you have the family pass and don't want to spend all day. I really miss the girls being little, they used to really enjoy going! We're going to start doing more family activities that will get us off the couch and moving, this would be a good one! Afterall, you're never too old for the zoo are you!?!

The Byers Family said...

Oh yeah, GS Cookies are available, if you want any let me know!

Michelle said...

You are so brave to go out in the cold! I didn't even go to the zoo in the winter when I had a family pass. It is probably a better time to see the animals though. They are always sleeping in the shade when we go in the summer.